Yellow Bank Church Campground Bridge
It is one of Minnesota's Historic Bridges. It is a single-span through truss bridge on Township Road 76 over the Yellow Bank River in Lac qui Parle County in Agassiz and Yellow Bank Township, MN. It was built in 1893 and is 119 feet long with an overall width of 15.1 feet.
The Lac qui Parle Commissioners Record for 1893 and 1894 does not clearly mention this specific bridge, so it may have been built entirely at the expense of the Township. The
Commissioners Record does mention the King Bridge Company and its agent, "Mr. [Milo A.] Adams," in connection with the construction of one bridge in the southern part of the county and repair of another. The King
Bridge Company was one of the first contractors to build an iron bridge in Minnesota (across the Rum River at Anoka in 1870) and its business increased through the 19th century as more local governments chose to
have bridges built of iron. The company's agent, M.A. Adams, established his own Minneapolis-based bridge building firm early in the 20th century. He later became one of the most active bridge contractors in Minnesota.
"Some of the photographs on this page are for viewing only, they may not be downloaded or copied for commercial purposes" Special thanks to the "State Historic Preservation Office, Minnesota Historical Society" for the above information. Mn/DOT Bridge Number: Bridge No. L-7744.